Portlock Public Open BETA Program
Last Update: Mach 14, 2006
We have released these beta versions in hopes that our customers will be able to test and evaluate
major releases of our software.
These downloads are previews of features that will be included
in the next production versions of our products. These versions have
not completed QA and may have a number of bugs. Do not use these
versions on production machines. Please take the time to send us
feedback, we really do listen.
BETA Technical Support
Technical Support for beta products is provided by
Include the following information:
- Please remember to mention that you are evaluating or testing a
- A logfile. Add the command line option -logfile=beta.log when running
the software. Detailed information is written to the logfile during the
software execution. ZIP the
logfile and attach as beta.zip.
- The OS (DOS, Linux, Mac OS X, NetWare) version that you are executing
our product on and the OS version that you are managing (Linux, Mac OS X, NetWare,
Windows). For example, you are running the DOS version of Portlock Storage
Manager managing storage on a NetWare 6.5 SP3 server.
- Mention if you are booting from the Portlock Linux Boot CD. If so,
include hardware information.
- Include exact steps to reproduce. Don't say, restore failed. Specify
exactly what failed and how. Include the logfile in your email as a ZIP