Portlock System Management and Recovery Toolkit (SMART) Suite for Windows
Portlock System Management and Recovery Toolkit (SMART) Suite for Windows is the essential system administrator's toolkit for professionally managing and maintaining enterprise servers and virtual machines. Portlock SMART Suite has three main functions:
- A GUI for managing Microsoft Hyper-V Server and Windows Server 2008 Core
- A bootable platform to repair damaged operating systems
- Tools to perform system tasks on bare-metal systems and virtual machines
Latest update: July 6, 2009
Portlock SMART Suite for Windows welcome tab contains the most common Portlock SMART Suite for Windows utilities
Portlock Computer Management: Manage critical Windows information such as users, groups, programs, drivers, services, system information, events, screensaver, firewalls, passwords and Windows Updates.
Portlock Device Manager: View detailed information regarding system devices. Use Portlock Device Manager to find unsupported devices and install missing drivers. Also, upload system device lists to the Portlock Driver Library in the case that a device is unsupported and Portlock will add support for it in a future build.
View more screenshots
- Available in six different languages
- VHD boot
- Configure display resolution
- Use Remote Desktop
- Configure Windows Firewall
- Manage Windows Updates w/o IE
- Configure IP address, gateway, subnet mask, DNS
- Perform Windows Repair
- Configure the screen saver
- Web Browser
- Email Client
- Windows Registry Editor
- Command prompt
- Enable/Disable drivers and services
- Manually load/install drivers
- Copy files and directories
- Map network drives
- Configure dual boot systems
- Configure bootable USB devices
- Configure Language
- No installation necessary
- Boot bare-metal systems
- Configure permissions and security settings
- Configure clock and time zone
- And much, much, more...
System support and management
Portlock SMART Suite for Windows supports 32-bit and 64-bit platforms, as well as UEFI-based systems.
Portlock strives to support all storage and networking devices.
Possible booting solutions for Portlock SMART Suite for Windows include CD, USB, PXE and dualbooting
with Windows Server 2008 or Hyper-V Server 2008.
Use Portlock SMART Suite for Windows directly from the ISO image, or burn the ISO to a CD and insert
into a running Windows system. Manage Portlock SMART Suite for Windows remotely from a running
Windows system or from a bare-metal boot, download Windows updates, and administer drivers,
services, firewalls and much, much more.
Supported operating systems
- Windows 7 RC
- Windows Server 2008 R2, Standard, Enterprise, Datacenter, Web
- Windows Vista SP1
- Windows Server 2003, Standard, Enterprise, Web, Datacenter SP1/SP2/R2
- Windows Small Business Server 2003 SP1/SP2/R2
- Windows XP PRO, Home ME, Tablet PC SP1/SP2/SP3
- Windows Server 2008 Core
- Hyper-V Server 2008